Izulu Orphan Projects ( IOP) is a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) that aims to support rural South African orphans, as well as the children of HIV positive widows.
We are not an orphanage, but we provide social support to our orphans and widows ‘in situ’ without removing them from their homes.
To do this, we have designed and implemented a unique Orphan Management software programme that monitors and tracks the numbers and geo-location of our IOP families. This programme is a world-first, and ensures that each IOP child or family is documented in order to support each one according to their income, health and education needs.
At present we support 2435 orphans and widows in 737 families, daily.
We focus primarily on:
- Funding school fees, uniforms and education costs.
- An Early Childhood Development programme that is in action in 26 crèches throughout our 1200m2 area of operation.
- Providing and distributing over 200 monthly food parcels to our neediest families.
- Repairing and building homes families throughout our area of operation.
- Offering HIV and chronic disease testing, support and education